July 5, 2016

When the music's over

As the more observant among you may have noticed, I've been on a road trip for the past 3 weeks. There are a lot of good reasons for this trip. 3 main reasons are that it's the summer time, I had the opportunity, and I'm a crazy person. Other ancillary reasons for this trip include my desire to see parts of America that I never had before, my love of watching roadkill pass by me at high speeds, and the lingering concern that I didn't have enough debt. But eventually, all things must come to an end, and you're left with nothing but the memories, maybe a couple of good pictures, and a steaming pile of bills from which the only escape is faking your own death. 
As a side note, the US National Parks are kind of awesome. Granted, I only went to like 4 of them on this trip, but each one felt very distinct from the others, was a lot of fun to explore, and didn't bother much with enforcing their "no sleeping in your car overnight in our parking lot" rules. And they almost definitely haven't paid off a large chunk of my debt in exchange for my endorsement! Seriously though, if you want to get an appreciation for how geographically diverse the US really is, go to a bunch of national parks. If you just want to have a good time, go to New Orleans (The Paris of the Louisiana swampland). Go to Frenchmen street, and listen to awesome music at fun an exciting bars. Finally give in to your nagging suspicion that you should at least try a more touristy area like Bourbon street. Immediately regret your decision, and wander the streets desperately wondering what to do now that the music's all gone. 

Somewhere along the road you took a wrong path, and made a wrong decision (Bourbon street), and now what's left for you? What will give your life meaning now that the merriment and good times have started to fade? Beignets. All the beignets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment